Autor Tema: Orden de Salida Codex 40k - Segun Rumores Portent  (Leído 9386 veces)

Desconectado Isoroku

• Shas'o Viejo Estilo
  • Usuario Héroe
Orden de Salida Codex 40k - Segun Rumores Portent
« en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 13:06:56 »

Desconectado Maktub(Makinavaha)

• Primarca de los Marines del Destino Alado.
  • Usuario Completo
Re: Orden de Salida Codex 40k - Segun Rumores Portent
« Respuesta #1 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 13:51:00 »

Desconectado Annagul

• Usuario Jr
« Respuesta #2 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 13:52:03 »
Sapere aude

• Usuario Completo
« Respuesta #3 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 14:43:33 »

Desconectado KeyanSark

• Jugador Viejaescuela
  • Moderador
    Adeptvs Mechanicvs
  • "Somos un jodido pozo de sabiduría friki"
    • Plástico y Metal
« Respuesta #4 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 15:27:11 »
*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Keyan Sark - Coordinador de SithNET
http://www.loresdelsith.net
Mi Blog - http://keyansark.blogspot.com

Desconectado Berserker_bebesangre

• Novato
« Respuesta #5 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 16:17:12 »
Pues por lo que veo mis Lobos tendran que esperar un largo periodo de tiempo :'(...por lo menos el codex tiranido y el orco apaciguara mi impaciencia

saludos 8)

Desconectado Samiel_Loftens

• Bibliotecario jefe de Los Hijos de Zion
  • Novato
    • Rlyieh
« Respuesta #6 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 16:32:07 »
La ventana se oscurece, el mundo se oscurece. No importa, estoy acostumbrado...ahora la oscuridad es mi hogar....

Blog personal: http://rlyieh.blogia.com

Desconectado Isoroku

• Shas'o Viejo Estilo
  • Usuario Héroe
« Respuesta #7 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 17:48:53 »

• Usuario Completo
« Respuesta #8 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 18:00:20 »

Desconectado Dante

• Usuario Completo
« Respuesta #9 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 18:26:41 »

Desconectado Isoroku

• Shas'o Viejo Estilo
  • Usuario Héroe
« Respuesta #10 en: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 19:30:56 »
« Última modificación: 22 de Febrero de 2005, 23:38:09 por Isoroku »

Desconectado Mekorig

• Novato
« Respuesta #11 en: 23 de Febrero de 2005, 03:03:28 »
taaau, taaau, taaaau, tau tau tau tau tau TAU TAU TAU!!!!!!!!!

quiero ese codex revisado YA! ;D

pd: me cago en la ostia, ya tenia mas de medio post de Cirdan traducido cuando se me borro todo!.

Eh aki el original en ingles:

Let me put it this way, it's not a shot in the dark. I don't have any inside information, I'm not in a position where I have an NDA, but I am resourceful.

I have contacts with a few people in the know. None, and I repeat NONE, of them have confirmed this, so, yes, it is still a guess. But it's an educated guess. It's based on things said by people on this forum and the GW forum in the know, on the 'president' of my gaming club (who used to be a playtester a few years back), and logic.

A lot of it has to do with the timing of the releases. Eldar will not be ready in time for a Spring 2006 release. Go back to when they started their "six month evaluation" of the race as a whole. Factor in the time for the evaluation, fluff retooling, rules development, concept art, sculpting, molding, playtesting, etc. and Eldar won't be ready until about Summer '06. But Summer '06 will be a themed campaign (like WHFB gets this year) so that will push their release back a bit. I'd say I'm about 90% confident Eldar will be a late Fall/Winter 2006 release. It is possible that Orks could take this slot, pushing Eldar to Spring 2007. If the summer codex is non-imperial (i.e. campaign oriented instead of Ordo Xenos) then look for an Imperial Codex in Fall/Winter 2006 and Eldar or Orks in Spring 2007.

As for Tau in Spring 2006, I've got many reasons. I wind up reiterating them every time this topic comes up, so hopefully I'll remember this post so I can just cut and paste it next time... Basically, due to scheduling of the release of codexes, I think that GW needs a "quicky" for Spring of '06. You just have a full redevelopment of a chapter completed (Black Templars) and you've got a Summer Campaign coming up (not a worldwide EoT type event, but time consuming none the less). This means you need some design time to get the 1-off codex complete, which will either be campaign oriented or Ordo Xenos (probably not the latter). You also will have some new minis to produce and a lot of the studio time devoted to the event.

So leading up to the summer event, you need something that doesn't take a lot of work to update, has a fairly complete model range, and needs some rules adjusted. Enter the Tau. They fit the needs of the schedule the best. When you're in the business world, schedule is king. And GW is a business.

Now, here's the speculative part. If you look at SteveP's posts from when he still worked at GW, he said (and it was mentioned a few posts back) that you'd see 1-4 new alien races in 40k. It has been hinted at by certain Portenters in the know that we might be seeing some new alien races sooner rather than later. However, I don't see GW releasing a completely new race when we have so many existing races that need updating. So, that leaves two options. One, new alien races are introduced via Ordo Xenos (Codex: Alienhunters), but that doesn't fit the pattern established by earlier Ordos codexes or by GW's history. Or, two, they are introduced as allies to, wait for it, the Tau.

So, now you have a race that is relatively complete models-wise, needs a few tweaks rules-wise, fits the GW production schedule nicely, and serves as a vehicle to introduce one or two new races (ala Kroot, maybe Hrud and Jokaero), and plays right into a summer campaign that can revolve around the alien threat to mankind and a possible introduction of Ordo Xenos via the campaign.

Look for Tau after Templars. And, no, that's not a shot in the dark.
« Última modificación: 23 de Febrero de 2005, 03:06:17 por Mekorig »

Desconectado Isoroku

• Shas'o Viejo Estilo
  • Usuario Héroe
« Respuesta #12 en: 23 de Febrero de 2005, 04:27:40 »
« Última modificación: 23 de Febrero de 2005, 23:48:08 por Isoroku »

Desconectado Lobo_Ragnar

• Usuario Jr
  • ¡¡Sin Piedad, Sin Remordimientos, Sin Miedo!!
« Respuesta #13 en: 26 de Febrero de 2005, 13:32:48 »
Saludos Hermanos.

Desconectado Isoroku

• Shas'o Viejo Estilo
  • Usuario Héroe
« Respuesta #14 en: 26 de Febrero de 2005, 14:55:38 »